Freesource Household

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Freesource Household
Freesource Household
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OOC] Gilded Endeavors

+5
Tián Fēng
Mr One
Keval
Lady Morrighan
Kathryn
9 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[OOC] Gilded Endeavors - Page 2 Empty Re: [OOC] Gilded Endeavors

Post by Keval Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:10 pm

Can we just start this?
Keval
Keval

Back to top Go down

Post by Aschuill Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:47 am

Aye.
Aschuill
Aschuill

http://freesource.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by The Procrastinati Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:11 am

Before I find and resume work on my sheets, has this really died already or are people just hesitant about starting?

The Procrastinati

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:30 pm

I know for sure I'd like to start it.
Keval
Keval

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:18 pm

We'll start sometime tomorrow.
Kathryn
Kathryn
Admin

https://ffhouse.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundown Sun May 03, 2015 2:19 pm

Name: Araak Vi'lios

Species: Stavok

Appearance: Araak's upper body is measured at about 5 foot 2, relatively short. His scales are a dull black, with hints of green when viewed from certain angles. He has patterns etched into his durable scales, which while they may be hard, provide zero protection against any decently sized weapon. These patterns are easier to see in a brighter light, and tend to display the hints of green far better than an un-etched scale. They are "fluid" and continue down most of his body. However, the rest of his serpentine body is built much more sturdily, being able to stand up to being stepped on. When uncoiled, from head to tailtip, his size is about 25 feet. When coiled, he takes up far less room.
His body is completely androgynous, and so is his voice.
His eyes provide him with excellent night vision, but their position also causes him to suffer when trying to do anything precise at range.
The snake he is based on is a black-necked spitting cobra (Naja nigricollis.)
Although he wears no clothing past a white t-shirt and a shortened trenchcoat, there is no way to discern his gender immediately.

Inventory: STV-2 "Hero" PDPW (Personal Defence Projectile Weapon), a wrist-mounted device for interfacing with systems, and a family knife designed to engrave his scales.
The "Hero" PDPW is a small-footprint automatic pistol capable of shooting plasma bolts at a rapid rate. It has a thing for overheating, and requires a large magazine, making it impossible to carry both concealed and loaded. The magazine is top-loading.
Image:

Specialty: Computers, navigation and piloting

Biography:
Contained within for size reasons:
Sundown
Sundown

Back to top Go down

Post by Aschuill Sat May 16, 2015 5:22 pm

was this killed as well?
Aschuill
Aschuill

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval Sat May 16, 2015 7:28 pm

Considering there were only two people who posted more than once, I believe so.
Keval
Keval

Back to top Go down

Post by Sundown Mon May 18, 2015 8:06 pm

I'm waiting for my sheet to be accepted still.
Sundown
Sundown

Back to top Go down

Post by Aschuill Mon May 18, 2015 9:15 pm

I believe that we should halt anything on this and assess other problems first because we're missing
1. Mazed
2. Jinxy
3. Motivation
Aschuill
Aschuill

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Morrighan Fri May 29, 2015 4:17 am

I'm back-ish? I don't know for sure yet. It's 2:16 AM and I stopped by to see what was going on. Surprised that folks didn't hit me up on Steam or Skype- I know at least one of you has that information.
Lady Morrighan
Lady Morrighan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Fri May 29, 2015 9:00 pm

Accepted sheet updated.
Kathryn
Kathryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:30 am

I take it... this is on some severe post-ponement?
Bloodtrailkiller
Bloodtrailkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Aschuill Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:30 am

Yas, for now

Me thinks
Aschuill
Aschuill

Back to top Go down

Post by Keval Thu Jun 04, 2015 2:54 pm

Yeah I was wondering about that.

Should I continue to post or just wait until everybody's ready and willing?
Keval
Keval

Back to top Go down

Post by Aschuill Thu Jun 04, 2015 3:10 pm

I'd say press ahead with your posts, we'll see what happens.
Aschuill
Aschuill

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:56 pm

Keval wrote:Yeah I was wondering about that.

Should I continue to post or just wait until everybody's ready and willing?

I've been kinda waiting for a response for a while now...
Kathryn
Kathryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller Sun Jun 07, 2015 3:46 pm

Character Sheet
Name: Lekalis Corpse
Species: Humie fleshbag
Appearance: From the beginnings of his life, Lekalis was earning scars on his pale-gold flesh. From the slaver's whip to his mother's ladle, an enemy's bullet or an explosion too close for comfort. Burns, callouses; a story in itself waylays itself over his body. More bullet holes than years under his belt, he would jest. 
Albeit, most of this is covered up by an almost habitual covering of hyper-woven bandages, so thickly layered its almost armor unto itself. Atop the personal mummification, is an almost drab attire of leathered brown. A basic cowl of some especially large creature's leather covers his shoulders and neck, the hood is usually kept down. Another piece of leather lies beneath this, though, much larger; and in the shape of a duster. A few pockets adorn the sides and front, as well as some menial plating over the essentials: such as the heart and right shoulder. The plating continues, beneath his duster, where a queer, kidney-shaped piece of metal covers his heart and tapers off to the other side of his chest. It almost strictly covers his heart, and bulges rather obnoxiously from its thickness of a whole inch, at its swell at least.
Beneath the curious plate, is an almost laughably basic grey long sleeve shirt; a rarity in its simplicity. To gauge how useful the shirt has been outside of covering up for decency, can be counted by the holes punched through. It's stained red at almost every little tear, a curious story at each, no doubt.
His lower region is covered by good and hardy, and apparently plated, leather pants. The few un-patched holes shine from metal making a curious layering of armor: circles set upon circles, like scale-mail. The pants themselves are hardly notable, outside of the sometimes queer bulges from the armor beneath. At his feet are surprisingly tech'd up boots; made of some dark synthetic leather, with metal plating and a function for propulsion and magnetic locking. Albeit, the propulsion system has been duct-taped over countless times with a red 'X' over it, implying that using it has left some rather painful memories. And bruises.
Lekalis himself stands at a good and humble 5'4 1/3", lightly built and tinged lightly in yellow, from an oriental heritage. His scars seem to change by the day, though it's entirely due to the fact that every shift in shading and appearance of his body, amplifies one more old scar he'd gotten in his rather short life. His face is no less scarred than his body, for his foes were apparently communist and dealt respective damage everywhere.
His left cheek is supported by an internal and metal lift that he sometimes takes out when he's bored or feels the piece needs to be cleaned. His other shines valiantly as a lost beauty, though it has been infinitely defiled by a burn mark that covers his right facing, the flames apparantly searing the flesh apart down to the bone. His nose is surprisingly intact, and untouched; some queer kind of luck. It's unfortunately rather basic, a little upturned, sure, though overall rather normal. His eyes, on the other hand, look to have seen more scars than that which are on his body, which is consequently more than he has aged, which leaves things rather awkward in the grand scheme of things; at any rate, they are simply gone. In their stead are some rather crudely hammered-in cybernetic replacements. While the augments seem to have been meant to be placed over the eye; what with their flat nature, their non-eye like visors, and overall military-utilitarian look, the cybernetics have been, as stated previously and literally, hammered into the sockets where his eyes, no doubt, once were. Thankfully, the people responsible had the decency to adapt the augmentations and provide a rather handy upgrade, if not occassionally painful ones. They can zoom in six times, and can see in thermal and EM wavelengths. It amusingly has no dedicated night vision, instead having a rather rudimentry low-light filter. When facing exceptionally bright things, such as suns or flash bangs, the augment will overload and spark; an unfortunate side-affect to a pirate-doctor's haphazardness. The augmentation is made of black graphene, and its slitted visors glow an industrial orange hue. 
Some small additional cybernetic aides is a hand-assistor; made of mostly hydraulic parts and drilled joints, his right hand suffered from carpal tunnel and the aid has now made the hand effectively superior to his other. About a fourth of the back of his skull has been shattered, but replaced with a see-through glass plate, so folks can see the lightly singed flesh beneath, as well as the cybernetic assistors which allow for data-coils or chips to be inserted and fed into the brain. Aside from the scar, his hair hangs in dark and lightly curled locks, a curious beauty in the rolling hair.

Inventory: Lekalis has never rightly seen the point in travelling heavy; with bountiful supplies or the like. His pack includes a rudimentary but heavily woven and well built satchel that holds in it: some basic repair tools, about three extra clips of ammunition, a multi-tool, a handful of nutrition bars, and a very specialized container for various data coils, he currently has two, but the case can hold six. The two coils are labelled, in tape, 'COOKING', and 'REPAIR'.
In the various pockets on his duster, is one pocket-pistol that is loaded with a small, .357 HEAT round: a special round that Lekalis is convinced will save him one of these days. In another one of his pockets is another clip for his rifle, and the final pocket boasts a collapsable baton with a mercury weight at the tip.

Weaponry: One, One-shot Pocket-pistol loaded with a .357 HEAT round.
One 7.62x39mm KSMR no.034 (Kanz 'Scavenger' Marksman Rifle) 
[OOC] Gilded Endeavors - Page 2 4818555274_f112c6f8e2_b
One custom baton, with a mercury filled cap that allows for a surprisingly heavy strike.

Specialty: Overall, quite decent; an overall knowledge on most things dealing with a ship and alright with a gun and in melee. Another plus is his ability to fill any roll; assuming he has an appropiate data coil or chip. He's also rather decent at sneaking and, correspondingly, scouting.
Biography: Lekalis boasts a rather turbulent life; from the beginning, he was born into slavery. His mother was taken by the Master, who was a factory worker on a mining planet; the Master had a family of his own, but every man has urges. At anyrate, Lekalis was named after a gem found on the planet, which shined, but was dark like onyx; yet the shine was typically red. Lekalis had heavily drained his mother, with his birth, and as soon as he was capable, he began trying to pick up the work for his mother. A small group of slave workers tried to help as well, though the life was hard enough, without trying to help another. 
Inevitably, Lekalis drifted to the life of hooligans; finding, or rather fighting, his way into the group and establishing himself as a person who can do... well, something. He was notoriously stubborn and durable; at one point, surviving a gauntlet of a metal refinement center and coming out with little more than a cut on his arm.
As Lekalis grew up, his wanderings became a little more intense; beginning to mess with guards and equipment. He mostly did it out of a queer sense of fun. Though, every venture gave him a new scar that his band of friends, which began to grow more and more noble, patched up. 
Eventually, when he was sixteen, a rebellion sprung up on the planet. The miners taking up their tools to take over an armory, then proceeded to utilize their knowledge on the tunnels to outsmart the factory guards.
Lekalis was given orders to take out high-priority targets, which he sometimes did; though he was no sharpshooter and earned more than his fair share of bullet holes running away from guards.
The rebellion took awhile, and was slowly getting beaten back; suddenly suffering from a practical defeat when a mercenary band was hired and absolutely annihilated the rebellion within a matter of weeks. Lekalis was ordered to take out the mercenary captain, since he was probably the only good shot in the entire rebellion; though the mercs had dealt with countless rebellions. This one was practically a speed-bump.
Lekalis was captured by the mercs, sooner than he'd the time to think that he 'ought to run. From there, Lekalis survived a rather harsh life on a mercenary ship. He was lithe of shape, and had rather pretty features and lightly curled dark hair. His eyes were a light amber hue, that completed his almost feminine features. He was a well visited fellow on the mercenary ship.
His life devolved to mindless slavery, with no hope; just trudging on through 'till death. His freedom came when he was simply tossed out, with a rifle, in a haphazard pit fight against a Karyuk, a tiger-like creature from a local planet; smuggled onto a station and acted as blood-sport as well as income for gamblers. The fight was quick, and Lekalis earned his freedom from that fight. What he did with it? bought clothes, a coat, and sold his life for a few credits more: for this ship.
Other: N/A
Bloodtrailkiller
Bloodtrailkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:38 pm

Accepted.
Kathryn
Kathryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Morrighan Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:17 am

I'm not going to go all out like everybody else did and add in weapon pictures, but I think what I've got posted a very nice enough picture of her in everybody's heads.
Lady Morrighan
Lady Morrighan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathryn Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:40 am

Alright, thank you.
Kathryn
Kathryn
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:54 pm

I'll be making another post, after my first, tomorrow; unless something comes up.
It'll probably arrive around 4-ish.

Giving a headsup incase anyone wants to jump in and continue the RP
Bloodtrailkiller
Bloodtrailkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Aschuill Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:11 pm

i hope to make one eventually

when the time is right, me thinks

hehehehehehhe
Aschuill
Aschuill

Back to top Go down

Post by Bloodtrailkiller Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:00 pm

I feel the need to apologize for potential future misspells. I'm dong most of the posts from my phone, which I mike to think I'm halfway to dzcent with.
And then I put a 'z' in 'decent'.
Bloodtrailkiller
Bloodtrailkiller

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Morrighan Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:39 pm

No worries. Smile
Lady Morrighan
Lady Morrighan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content